BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD.
Be in your prayer space, follow the usual steps and settle into silence.
Take a couple of gentle, slow and deep breaths…becoming aware of your breath going in and out… stay focused on this breath of life……
Breathe in all that is of God and from God…all that is true, honest, pure, admirable, noble, decent, virtuous, worthy of praise, good, loving, kind – all that deserves respect, all that is the Gift of His Grace!
Now from the depth of your heart begin to wish your mind well……….
The following is a meditative prayer thanking God for His abundant Grace, praying for God’s Grace in the many situations of life, especially in those difficult moments and on being graceful in the midst of many things to be done, many people to meet, many places to go to, many hurdles to overcome, many doubts and fears to face……
Take a moment and pray…..
O God, I have come into the quietness and stillness of your presence so that out of this moment, I may take with me a quiet serenity, a peaceful spirit, a grace-filled heart and graceful presence which will last me through the rough and smooth of my life. Many hours of my days and nights are waiting to be filled a hundred ways with a hundred prayers. But, right now, at this very moment, I am at peace, I abide in your Grace…..
Thank you, God, for your Grace of my yesterdays….
Lord, Your Grace brings me to this moment and I am grateful. Lord, your many gifts of my yesterday have blended into my today. Enable me and empower me with your Grace to offer them to the world around….
Lord, I remember the pain of the past and I remember your healing Grace……
I have come now remembering the brokenness, the hurt, the pain and the suffering of my past and remembering, with gratitude, your healing Grace. I pray that you enable me to be sensitive and compassionate to those who suffer much and empower me to reach out and offer your gift of healing to the world around me.
Lord I remember my sinfulness and I remember your forgiving Grace…….
I have come remembering my own sin and guilt and shame of the past and remembering, with gratitude, your forgiving Grace. I pray for your Grace for healing of my wounds of selfishness and sin, for peace and serenity within, for reconciliation with others. Lord, enable me and empower me with your Grace to bring your gift of forgiving Grace to the world around me.
Lord, I remember the blessing, grace, goodness, strength, virtue of my past …..
I have come remembering the blessing, grace, goodness, strength, virtue of the past and desiring to affirm, appreciate and let them grow in me as well as in others around me. Enable me and empower me with your Grace to be generous with all your gifts. Free me with your Grace that I may give without counting the cost, without holding back and without considering deservedness.
Lord, I come desiring to be renewed by your Grace, with new attitudes, new vision and renewed hope……
I have come to be cleansed, forgiven, healed and renewed by your Grace. I pray with the Psalmist, “Create in me a clean heart O God and put a steadfast spirit in me. In your abundant compassion, blot out my offense. Wash away all my guilt; from my sin, cleanse me.”
Lord, I have come for your Grace for making new beginnings….
I have come for the grace to start over, to try again, to take a new approach or a different approach and attempt even the impossible because I know that with your Grace all things are possible. Grace me with confidence that I may never give up, stand strong and face what I must face gracefully!
Lord, I have come for your Grace in difficult moments…….
I have come for your Grace to find courage, to be patient enough not to give up hope, to accept disappointment without bitterness and to accept delay without complaint. Help me remember that your Grace is enough for me, that your Grace will carry me through my difficult moments, testing and trying times.
Lord I have come for your Grace to continue my journey to wholeness, to holiness……
I have come for your Grace for healing, integrity, wholeness, holiness, perfection. I pray for your Grace to be what you have made me to be, to become what you call me to become, to do what you call me to do, to desire and to fulfill your plan and your purpose, to seek your will and align my will to your will. Give me the Grace to pray: May your will be done in my life.
Lord, I have come to thank you and praise you for the many ways you have graced me….
- You have graced me with the faith and the hope and the love that grow in my heart…….
- You have graced me with many talents and abundance of gifts………..
- You have graced me with many faithful, loving and caring people who have been instruments of your goodness in my life…..
- You have graced me with the miracles of your love and the wonder of your creation
Lord, I have come deeply desiring your Grace……..
- Grace me when I am afraid and lose confidence in me and in you…….
- Grace me when the busyness and schedules of my day press upon me and I become tense and nervous and doubtful…..
- Grace me when I doubt your presence in difficult moments in my life…..
- Grace me when I lose sight of your grace and blessings in my life…..
- Grace me when emptiness, loneliness and other such slings and arrows come my way…….
- Grace me when I struggle to be good and share your goodness with others
I have come seeking your Grace……..
- deep within my being, deep in my heart where justice, truth, love and peace abide ….
- in the midst of my daily activities and the many things-to-do that keep me going…..
- in the successes and disappointments of my daily activities……..
- in the books I read, in the news I hear, in the noise of the surroundings……..
- in the truth I discover, in the uncertainties I encounter……..
- in the wonderful people and in the not so wonderful people whom I meet…
I have come praying for your Grace…..
- to know that you are in my life every moment of the day….
- to know that you walk with me as I walk toward you…..
- to know that you carry me through when I am unable to walk……
- to know that you pick me up and put me on the road when I stumble and fall…..
- to know that you are my strength in time of sorrow, hope in times of distress, comfort in times of confusion, safety in times of danger….
- to know that you seek me, trust me, love me unconditionally……..
- to know that you wait for me to welcome me home………
- to know that you, my God, are my home. Amen
Add your own……..
Fr. Gus Tharappel, msfs